Personal Health & Safety Guidelines
- Visitors are asked to leave all non-essential items in their vehicle or at home before beginning their AWAACC visit. Bookbags are not permitted. Large bags are not permitted and storage is unavailable.
- No weapons are permitted. All visitors must enter the August Wilson African American Cultural Center through metal detectors, and bags are inspected by security personnel.
- If you are sick, experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (coughing, fever, trouble breathing), or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, we ask that you stay home until you have been symptom-free for at least 14 days.
- The AWAACC strongly encourages cashless transactions at this time. If you would like to make a donation, we encourage you to do so online.
Highmark Stadium Clear Bag Policy
- As part of an ongoing commitment to safety and security, Highmark Stadium will implement a policy that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into Highmark Stadium.. There will be metal detectors and bag searches at the stadium.
- Guests are discouraged from bringing any bags into Highmark Stadium, but outlined below is permissible. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation and patience as we strive to ensure minimal disruption or delays.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.” Official Riverhounds SC team logo clear plastic tote bags are available through the club store.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags or small purse, approximately the size of a hand 4.5” x 6.5”, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bag options.
- Seat cushions and seat cushions with backs will be permitted. No larger than 16” wide with no arms or pockets allowed.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
- Diaper bags are allowed but will be inspected and tagged.
- Prohibited items include but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags, or any bag larger than the permissible size.
- No reentry
- No outside food and/or beverages
- No containers and/or coolers
- No pets (other than service animals)
- No bicycles
- No weapons (regardless of permit, including but not limited to firearms or knives)
- No umbrellas
- No fireworks
- No contraband
- Smoking is prohibited on Highmark Stadium property.
Any other items deemed unlawful or dangerous may be prohibited at the discretion of Highmark Stadium staff and security personnel.
Parents with small children are permitted to bring strollers and diaper bags. These items are subject to reasonable inspection before entering and/or at any time during the event.
Highmark Stadium provides a full range of accommodations for guests with disabilities.
- Accessible Drop Off and Pick Up Points — Located inside Station Square’s west parking lot outside the stadium’s main entrance.
- Accessible Parking — Located inside Station Square’s west parking lot outside the stadium’s main entrance. Spaces are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Further parking is also available in other lots throughout the Station Square campus.
- Accessible Seating — Reserved seating can be found throughout the stadium.
- Elevators — Highmark Stadium is equipped with one elevator located inside the main building. It is accessible to suite ticket holders, club ticket holders and guests with accessible needs.
- First Aid — Trained emergency medical personnel are present at every event held at Highmark Stadium. Please notify a stadium employee or member of security if you require medical attention or assistance.
- Restrooms — All restrooms are accessible.
- Service Animals — All animals that are specifically trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability are welcomed. Service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness and be under control of the guest with a disability or designee. The service animal must rest in the seating area with the individual and not in the aisle.
- Suites — All suites at Highmark Stadium are wheelchair accessible. Elevator access is available inside the main building
For questions about AMTRAK, related to the PIJF Jazz Train, visit https://www.amtrak.com/planning-booking.html